Terms and conditions
One of the most important skills yoga can teach us is greater body awareness. No yoga teacher knows your body as well as you do, so if anything doesn’t feel right, you are free to take breaks and/or skip poses or sequences that are not suitable for you.
We recommend that you use these online classes in addition to attending classes or workshops with an experienced yoga teacher who can observe you and give you personal guidance where required.
We do not offer medical advice. If you have any doubts please consult your medical practitioner before starting yoga or if you are coming back to it after illness or injury. This is particularly important for, but not limited to, the following conditions: if you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, have low or high blood pressure, or have any existing medical condition or injuries. If you feel dizzy, light-headed, faint, or if you experience any other discomfort, stop immediately and take a resting pose. Consult a medical professional if your symptoms do not pass.
Most classes on this website will include warming up and cooling down sections, however, shorter classes such as pose tutorials may not. Please take responsibility for your own body and include extra warm up and cool down stretches where appropriate to avoid injuries.
The information provided on our website is provided for educational and background purposes only. Using the website and the information provided is at your own risk.
By checking this box I acknowledge that
- I will be participating in online classes during which I will receive information and instruction about yoga and health. I recognise that yoga requires physical exertion, which may be strenuous and may cause physical injury, and I am fully aware of the risks and hazards involved.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to consult with a physician prior to and regarding my participation in any physical fitness program, including yoga. I represent and warrant that I have no medical condition that would prevent my participation in physical fitness activities.
- In consideration of being permitted to participate in the yoga classes, I agree to assume full responsibility for any risks, injuries or damages, known and unknown, which I might incur as a result of participating in the program.
- In further consideration of being permitted to participate in the online yoga classes, I knowingly, voluntarily, and expressly waive any claim I may have against the instructor/owner of this website for injuries or damages that I may sustain as a result of participating in classes online
- I have read the above release and waiver of liability and fully understand its contents.
Account and payments
All our credit/debit card transactions are secure and processed by Stripe.
For some payment methods, the service provider may charge you certain fees, such as foreign transaction fees. Please check with your payment method service provider for details.
You can view and change your payment methods in your Account Settings once you are a member. Please note: When changing your payment details, we will charge you immediately for your next subscription period in order to confirm your payment method. We will add this onto your existing running subscription so no days will be lost.
Your monthly subscription is automatically renewed each month so you will be charged at the end of every subscription period until you decide to cancel your account. Your membership fee will be charged to your payment method on the date indicated on your subscription tab in your Account settings. In some cases your payment date may change, for example if your payment has not successfully gone through or if your paid membership began on a day not contained in a given month.
You can cancel your subscription at any time via your account settings. Please note that recurring payments are taken a minimum of 24 hours before the end of your subscription period. You will continue to have access to Third Wave Yoga classes until the end of your monthly period.
We do not offer refunds for partial membership periods or if you have not used the service.
Changes to the subscription price
We may change the price of our subscriptions. However, we will notify you in advance and any price changes or changes to your subscription plans will only apply to subsequent billing cycles.
Comments on classes
We welcome and encourage your comments and questions under class videos.
We monitor comments to ensure that any questions do not go unanswered and to gather feedback to help us improve the website. We try to answer your comments and questions as quickly as possible.
We reserve the right to remove any comments deemed to be offensive, commercial or those which include external links.
Intellectual Property Rights
By using this website you agree that all the information, communications, photography, text, images, graphics, software, trademarks, trade names, logos and other materials and services on this website (the “Content”) are protected by copyright, trademark, database rights and other intellectual property laws under the national laws of the Netherlands and international treatise.
You agree not to copy, modify, download, transmit, display, distribute, perform, reproduce, licence, publish, create derivative works from, transfer or sell any information contained on or forming part of this website, or otherwise use such Content of this website for re-sale, re-distribution or for any other commercial use, without the consent of Third Wave Yoga and/or its licensors as the case may be.
All property rights, title and interest in and to the Content shall be at all times and for all purposes remain vested in Third Wave Yoga and/or its licensors, as the case may be.
You may access website and content as available: for your information and personal use, as intended through the normal functionality of the Third Wave Yoga service. For streaming, ‘Streaming’ or ‘Stream’ means a contemporaneous digital transmission of an audiovisual work via the internet from the Third Wave Yoga service to a users device in such a manner that the data is intended for real-time viewing and not intended to be copied, stored, permanently downloaded, or redistributed by the user. Accessing website videos for any purpose or in any manner other then Streaming is expressly prohibited.
Limit of Liability
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, Third Wave Yoga will not be liable for any loss or damages, directly or indirectly occurred, arising out of or in connection with your use of the website, following any programme or class and/or the information contained in it.
It is your responsibility to ensure that you are capable of undergoing a routine of exercises provided by any online programme or class that you follow and/or class or event that you attend with us.
In no event shall Third Wave Yoga be liable for any damages whatsoever resulting from the statements or conduct of any third party or the interruption, suspension or termination of any services, whether such interruption, suspension or termination was justified or not, negligent or intentional, inadvertent or advertent.
Disclaimer of Liability
With respect to content available on the website, neither Third Wave Yoga nor Carrianne Hayden makes any warranty, express or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, apparatus, product, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights.
Disclaimer of Endorsement
Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favouring by Third Wave Yoga. The views and opinions expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of Third Wave Yoga, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
While Third Wave Yoga uses its reasonable efforts to maintain this website in an accurate and up-to-date fashion it may contain some technical or other mistakes, inaccuracies or typographical errors. Third Wave Yoga cannot be held responsible for any mistakes or omissions on this website.
Your privacy is important to us and we want you to know how we process and store your personal data which we collect when you use our site or communicate with us.
At Third Wave Yoga we respect your right to privacy and we comply with our obligations under the UK and European data protection acts. The purpose of this website Privacy Statement is to outline how we deal with any personal data you provide to us while visiting this website. Any external links to other websites are clearly identifiable as such, and we are not responsible for the content or the privacy policies of these other websites.
2. Types of information collected
We retain two types of information:
- Personal Data This is data that identifies you or can be used to identify or contact you and may include, but not limited to, your name, company name, address, email address, user IP addresses in circumstances where they have not been deleted, clipped or anonymised and telephone number. Such information is only collected from you if you voluntarily submit it to us.
- Non-Personal Data Like most websites, we gather statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate basis of all visitors to our website. This non-personal data comprises information that cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as demographic information regarding, for example, user IP addresses where they have been clipped or anonymised, browser types and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of our website.
3. Purposes for which we hold your information and legal grounds
The processing of the personal data you submitted is necessary for us to provide you with the best and safest possible online yoga experience:
- Personal Data. We use the personal data you have provided to create an account for you so you can practise yoga online with us. We also use your email address in order to contact you.We will process any Personal Data you provide to us for the following purposes: (i) to provide you with the information or services you have requested;(ii) to contact you if required in connection with your request or to respond to any communications you might send to us;(iii) to notify you about changes in our services; (iv) to send you the Third Wave Yoga newsletter, service notifications and programme emails if you have voluntarily signed up for them.
- Non-personal data. This is gathered from visitors to our website in an aggregate form to get a better understanding of where our visitors come from and to help us better design and organise our website.
- The legal ground for processing your data is performance of a contract (buying online services); legal obligation (tax and bookkeeping) and/or explicit consent (for sending you newsletters etc)
- Functional – These cookies include your preferences and are essential for the website to function fully and are therefore always enabled.
- Performance – These cookies help us to improve the site’s performance, to give you a faster experience on the website and better content recommendations. Our system can see which classes you take and like so we can offer you suggestions for other classes to take and teachers to follow.
- Social & advertising – Social media cookies allow you to share content from Third Wave Yoga with others. Advertising cookies help us to better tailor advertising to your interests on sites like Google, and to spread the love of yoga to more people.
You can change your cookies settings at any time. You’ll find a link at the bottom of the website footer and you’ll be asked to accept cookies when you visit the website. Please note that if you decline our cookies some of the features and services of the Third Wave Yoga’s website may not function properly. You can also delete cookie files from your device at your discretion.
5. Term of data storage
We store your data in our database for 13 months after you end your subscription with us. We save it for this period so we can provide for you to keep your preferences and favourites in case you want to restart your membership.
Personal data needed to comply with legal or regulatory requirements (for tax- and bookkeeping purposes) are stored for 7 years.
Your personal data is held by Third Wave Yoga in accordance with industry best practices. To ensure optimal security, all credit card, Ideal, PayPal & other payment transactions are secure and processed by our Payment Service Providers: Stripe. This Wave Yoga does not store your payment details. Stripe use a PCI-DSS compliant platform, secured by encryption and authentication. We have a processor agreement in place with our Payment Service Providers. We take all reasonable steps (including appropriate technical and organisational measures) to protect your personal data.
9. Users under 16
Third Wave Yoga content is not directed at users under 16 years of age. When you provide information about yourself as a user, you are thus representing yourself as 16 years of age or older. Our policy is that we do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personal information about visitors under 16 years of age. However if we do become aware of having collected personally identifiable information from a user under 16 without consent of a parent or legal guardian, we will remove such information from our servers.
10. Access, updating, verifying and deleting/erasure, object to processing, restrict and transfer of personal data
You have a right to access your personal data, ask for a copy of your data, to rectify it or to delete your records completely. You may also object to processing and restrict the processing, as well as a request for data portability. Please contact us and we will respond to your request as soon as possible.
11. Changes to the Privacy Statement
Any changes to this Privacy Statement will be posted on this website so you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances if any, we disclose it. If at any time we decide to use personal data in a manner significantly different from that stated in this Privacy Statement or otherwise disclosed to you at the time it was collected, we will notify you by email, and you will have a choice as to whether or not we use your information in the new manner.
Changes to Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time. We will notify you 30 days in advance if these changes apply to you.